Would you like to work in the largest and fastest growing energy and sustainability business in the world? Are you hungry for success and do you like to close the deal?
International Sales Manager
We are looking for a International Sales Manager in Netherlands with a personal drive to contribute to the overall growth plan. You will report to the UK&I Sales Director
Mission of the role
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, our client offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in Utilities & Infrastructures, Industries & Machine Manufacturers, Non-residential Buildings, Data Centers & Networks and Residential. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the company’s 180,000 plus employees achieved sales of about 25.8 billion Euros in 2018, through an active commitment to help individuals and organizations make the most of their energy.
Our Energy and Sustainability Services Division is the largest and fastest growing energy and sustainability business in the world providing the leading software and services proposition in the global market place, we are looking for ambitious, learning individuals that can help to transform our industry and lead our customers to a world of new opportunity.
What will you be doing as an International Sales Manager?
The position resides within our International Sales Team which is not only the leading sales organization within our global market place but also one of the fastest growing, innovative and dynamic organizations. The International Sales Manager will work within this environment selling to both large and multinational organizations headquartered in EMEA. The role will operate along-side our team of sales and pre-sales specialists working across our EMEA, APAC & Americas divisions. Successful candidates will be expected to hold C level engagements within these target organizations, focused on building solutions within the domains of sustainability, energy supply and energy demand. Successful candidates are not only required to possess strong prospecting, hunting and nurturing capabilities but must also have a strong track record of hitting and exceeding sales targets.
The primary accountabilities, character traits, skills, and requirements are listed below.
- Hunger: must have excellent prospecting skills which include the ability to self-generate new opportunities that are aligned to our target market.
- Integrity: demonstrates this in all interactions; ability to work through challenges to achieve results
- Initiative: takes an entrepreneurial approach to our business, and has a strong bias toward action
- Curiosity: structures innovative yet realistic and measurable approaches based upon a curiosity and interest in our business, our customers, and their business needs
- Honesty: transparent in interactions with other employees, prospects, clients, etc. Straightforward in their approach to relationship-building
- Persuasiveness: Ability to craft and promote a vision; to articulate this clearly in a way that will help to bring our business together and drive results
- Attitude: positive attitude and willingness and eagerness to grow and contribute to overall team’s success
- Leadership: proven track record of effective leadership in sales; ability to flourish in a matrix environment
As an International Sales Manager for ESS EMEA, your key responsibilities will be as follows:
- Strong ability to hunt and self-generate business leads and opportunities
- Must have strong “closing” skills
- Meeting and exceeding annual and quarterly targets
- Identifying and creating new opportunities within a targeted geography or segment of the European market
- Have a comprehensive understanding of customer needs and our global services and software portfolio based on this understanding, they will recognize and articulate appropriate approaches to address gaps and enhance and communicate strengths in a way that meets customer needs and differentiates us from the competition
- Become a key contributor to assist in tailoring the global portfolio to address the needs of the EMEA market
- Be a dynamic leader in order to lead both our customers and others within the organization
- Collaborate with multiple sales teams in order to execute and orchestrate customer solutions
- Collaborate and interact with other multi-national marketing and sales teams and departments
- Be prepared to undertake significant national and international travel within a challenging environment
Essential skills, qualifications:
- 3- 5 years’ sales experience, with a track record of delivering
- A completed Bachelor or Master Business/Technical degree (ideally in the specialism of energy)
- Experience in consultative selling and services industry (procurement services and/or energy supply a plus)
- Strong proven track record of being successful in “autonomously” prospecting/hunting)
- Nurturing experience, demonstrating a track record of consistently achieving sales targets in a high pressure environment
- Fluent in Dutch & English, other languages are an advantage. Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office environment, CRM systems (salesforce.com or equivalent)
- Personal qualities such as: self-driven, autonomous, influential, reliable, direct, curious and creative
- Location: Netherlands
- A growing company with a positive industry reputation
- Recognized leader in a market where energy services are in demand
- Entrepreneurial company with a positive corporate culture
- Strong team culture and respected sales organization
- Competitive salary of c.€50-€60k DOE + commission
- Excellent benefits package
Would you like to become the new International Sales Manager and work to a the largest and fastest growing energy and sustainability business in the world? Apply soon and for questions feel free to contact Jan Koster.